ExtremeCPA - Technology for Business

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Just Starting

Amazing - I've read others blogs and thought about creating one myself, but never took the time to move forward. If I had known that it would be this easy, I would have started a long time ago!

Anyway, I'll tell you what I intend to blog about - technology. Primarily related to the accounting and/or finance world. I'm a CPA (hence the title), and just finished reading that CPA's have not moved forward with blogging ... so I thought I would help change that.

A brief bio - my name is Kevin T. Ryan and I'm 26 years old. I just finished my first year at Carnegie Mellon University's MBA program - what a year! (More on that later). I worked for Deloitte & Touche for 4 years before coming here - 3 years in audit, 1 year in "Dispute Litigation" (fraud investigations and such). During my brief life, I've taught myself several computer languages (about 7 or so), mostly for fun some for work. I have 2 dogs (Jackson and Hunter) and am getting married August 13th of this year!

I expect that much of my time on this blog will be devoted to tricks that I use either in school (this upcoming fall) or at work. I'll be interning at PNC this summer, so we'll see how often "technology issues" come up that I feel are worthy to post. Hopefully I'll also post whenever I hear something interesting to talk about.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post - look forward to meeting you!

1 Comments:

  • Good work Kev. I may take you up on your offer for Excel tips and try to write up something about using the Vlookup function within Excel to import data from another file.

    Congrats on your upcomiing nuptuals. I had no idea you were taking the plunge. Hope all is well.

    Sean Gaffney

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home